No.. not together! Yuck, even I wouldn't go THERE! No, first the chocolate gravy. I follow BooMama's blog, and she mentioned chocolate gravy a day or so ago. It sounded a little odd at first, but then I thought about how much I love (I mean, LOVE) biscuits with cinnamon and brown sugar topping, or with honey and butter, and I realized that chocolate gravy was just one teensy step beyond those two. Really, isn't that how ALL addictions start? Go on over to BooMama's and get yourself some of that recipe. You know you want it, so go on.
And then, there are the chicken meatballs. A year or two ago, I discovered some sausages by a company called Aidells that were out of this world. Some of them were chicken-based, and others had pork. They were ALL good, but the chicken and apple were probably my favorite, cooked up in a skillet with tart sliced Granny Smith apples. But then, a few months ago, Publix began carrying their teriyaki and pineapple meatballs. Oh my word, people, these things are GOOD! I use Paul Newman's organic teriyaki sauce, along with a can of Dole pineapple chunks, with the juice. I let those simmer together in a skillet til the sauce has reduced and is a little thick, and then I throw in the meatballs. A little more simmerin' so they can absorb some of the juice, and it's time for the dinner bell. They're great served over rice (brown or white.. it's up to you). I suppose you could even slice a red or yellow sweet pepper in there, or maybe even a Vidalia onion. Have fun with it... and enjoy! 
The Accident
17 hours ago






5 kind comments:
Hi Pam, this chocolate gravy and chicken meatballs are yummy! :)
I like chocolates...
Wow..this all sounds good!!! I love anything with the word "meatball" in it!! Yum!
-sandy toe
Anything with chocolate gets two thumbs up from me and the meatballs sound yummy, too!
youre making me drool with the talk of meatballs in teryaki sauce!
Post a Comment