This week's contest theme at I Heart Faces is "My Friend and I". According to the website, the rules are as follows:
Any photo you enter into this challenge should have two people in it...
1) KIDS - Your child and their friend (or two children who are friends)
2) ADULTS - You and your friend (or two adults who are friends)
ADULT ENTRY
I actually have an adult entry this week! When we served at The Lighthouse Retreat last summer, we had the most wonderful retreat family, and the mom was absolutely one of the sweetest people I've ever met. I was also blessed with another family partner (helper) since Handsome Hubby didn't attend. HE was amazing, with one of the biggest servant hearts EVER. This is a picture of the two of them at the luau; the man actually stopped at a beach shop on the way to the retreat looking for luau wear and got his neon-bright mumu, just to get laughs from the retreat families. (and he did.. oh, did he EVER!). Do they not just look like two people you'd pick to be your friends? We've gotten together since, and I hope to someday be on another retreat with both of them.

KIDS ENTRY
For the kids entry, I had to go with this picture of the youngest two sisters next door. They're only 14 months apart, and they really are best buddies (MOST of the time!). I can only imagine how much stronger their bond will grow; they'll most likely be best friends for the rest of their lives. Those sister-bonds are strong!

I know there will be some wonderful and inspiring photos in the contest this week, so make sure to head over and look at all of the great entries (AFTER you leave me a little love, of course!). And then, go hug a friend....

20 kind comments:
Oh, those eyes...so precious!
That can't be the youngest girls. Last time I saw them M was a baby and T was about the same age M is in the picture.
those are some really great shots this week!! good job! need to get mine up!!
These are so great. Love the beautiful sisters. Great job. I can't decide what photo to use yet...
You're back! I thought even though you were coming home today that you said you were taking the week off from blogging to do fun stuff.
Well, I for one am thrilled to see you back. Hope you and the Bug Hunter had a great time!
Photos are precious. Just like you.
So glad to see you're back! Or maybe you're not and auto-posted this? In that case, glad to see you online and hope you're having a GREAT time!
Those pictures are awesome... I love the expressions of joy in the first one, and the tenderness in the kiddos... so lovely!
great photos! Thanks for sharing!
adorable kids!!
i love the kids entry. LOVE IT! :-)
Love the kids entry! So stinkin' cute!
The picture from the retreat is wonderful! He reminds me ever so slightly of Robin Williams...if he is half as much fun, which I should think he would be if he wore a mumu to the luau, then he is a gem! And the sisters have lovely eyes!
I absolutely LOVE your kids entry! So cute!
Such great pictures.
Love those eyes!!!!
I really, really like your Kids entry this week!!! Look at those eyes!!! Great job!
What an adorable shot of two precious kids.
I love your adult entry and the story behind it. I'm cracking up over the man wearing a mu-mu!
Pam,
New layout looks WONDERFUL! Looks like you're discovering yet another one of your many talents.
Becky
What great photos!! The girls are beautiful! Hope you are enjoying a great week with your Bug Hunter!!
PS - I love your new banner - and look!
I know you're home because I read your comment on Becky's new blog! Come out, come out, wherever you are. I miss you. And as much as I liked it for the entire week...I want to heart you...I'm getting tired of hearting faces.
Welcome home. Hope your trip was wonderful.
Post a Comment