So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18
In July of 1999, John F. Kennedy Jr., his wife, and her sister died when he piloted the plane he was flying into the ocean. From the airsafe.com website: "The NTSB determined that the probable cause of this accident were the pilot's failure to maintain control of the airplane during a descent over water at night, which was a result of spatial disorientation. Factors in the accident were haze, and the dark night." In other words, because of the dark and the haze, with no instruments to guide him, John lost sight of the horizon, got confused, and lost his way. He couldn't tell up from down and flew straight into the water. I can relate to that, especially in this upside-down world in which we live. If I try to fix my eyes on the "seen", what I see isn't necessarily the truth. I need better instruments; something that will keep me heading, top up, in the right direction. If I focus on the chaos around me, the temporary hurt and pain, I'm going to get turned around, and I may even crash and burn. It's only by using the instruments given to me by God--prayer and His Word--that I can keep my focus where it needs to be so that I can make it home, safe and sound. Better yet, I might just need to slide over and let Someone Else pilot the plane. I'm happy with just being the co-pilot, especially in the dark and hazy times in which we're flying now. That way, I can just fix my eyes on Him until we land.
For more Word-filled posts, head over to Amydeanne's 160 Acre Woods... it's my favorite place to hang out on Wednesdays!

19 kind comments:
This is a beautiful post, thank you for sharing this verse. Have a very blessed day !
Brilliant! I loved your analogy. And you are so right...
God IS the horizon. :-)
(I guess you could say if we keep our eyes focused on Him, one day we'll all be "rison" with Him!)
As always, thank you for sharing your insight and His wisdom with us.
Pam,
I couldn't have said that any better myself! That verse is awesome, but the way you explain it offers so much insight! You are very correct~we have to stay focused on the BIG PICTURE and not allow ourselves to fall victim to all that's going on around us. It's a constant uphill battle, so we have to turn it over to GOD and let Him have full control. Big hugs and blessings to you today!♥
Oh that is so good!! Even those we look to who seem to "have it all" can crash and burn without the proper guidance...
I love this reminder that I can do nothing without my Pilot to guide me.
Love and prayers my friend!!
Deb
God REALLY spoke to me through the scripture you shared...and thank you for joining in..this post really blessed me and gave me strength,,and help to focus my eyes on Jesus.
This is awesome! Great picture and I love what your shared today.
Good point!
Blessings to you this WFW♥
Great illustration of this verse and I agree with your thoughts also. blessings...
Great choice of scripture!! Thanks for sharing God's Word!! Happy WFW!!
Wow... I can see why Shanda linked to you today :) You are so gifted at linking these things to what God is trying to teach us. Thank you for this post!
wow! Great post Pam!
Awesome words as always.
Pam,
I'm with you... ANY of those little "slang" terms are NOT acceptable in our home. The boys know that ANYTHING they wouldn't watch, say, or do in front of JESUS is WRONG. I tell them to ALWAYS act like JESUS is standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM, because HE IS!
Thanks for the support! ♥U
Fantastic post.
Thanks for reminding me to not look at what is seen. In this particular chapter of our lives, that is very necessary advice.
Once again, you have expressed yourself in a beautiful and wise way.
Becky
caringbridge.org/nc/sarahsmith
I ran across a comment of yours on MckMama's blog, saying that you love the Bush family, and I wanted to tell you that I have always been a bit fond of the older George, he seems like the sweetest man. I also really, really miss George W!
Yes, We need to keep our eyes on Jesus.
LOVE this and TOTALLY needed it. Again. I'm telling you, everytime I need to read/hear something, you've got it. Thank you!
And I'm going now to google "The Llama song" and see if I can find 2 crazy moms on YouTube. ;) I (won't) tell you if I do! AHAHAHAHAHA
Thank you for this beautiful post. I will draw strength from it.
Post a Comment