Sunday, July 19, 2009

I Heart Faces--Week 28--Feet!



Last week, Sue G made a comment on my I Heart Faces sports photo, noting that someday, there might be an "I Heart Butts" site that would welcome that particular photo. Well, Sue, that hasn't come about yet, but this week at I Heart Faces, the focus is not on the face, but on the other end! I know there will be lovely photos of bride's feet peeking out from under gossamer gowns, and tiny toes that were in the womb mere days before the photo was snapped, but I don't have any of those. I did try some staged shots, both of my gnarly feet and Bug's much cuter ones, but they looked, well... staged. So I went back through pictures taken this summer and came across this one, taken at the Destin docks in June. I love this picture; one boy spied a crab in the water, and they all came running from everywhere, scuttling like little crabs themselves and throwing their bodies down onto the dirty docks in hopes of catching a glimpse of a sideways sea creature (and if THAT wasn't a run-on sentence, I don't know what is!). But really, it is the essence of "boy", and "summer", and I can almost smell the rank odor of fish (oh thank you, God, for the "almost" in that sentence). All of those feet, clad in summer shoes, with toes dug into the dock to keep from falling face-first into the filthy, fish-bone filled wash below. And that, to a boy, is heaven.
For more ped pics, walk your own dogs over to I Heart Faces and check out my friends. After, of course, you run to my guestbook first and leave me some love!

31 kind comments:

Mr. Daddy said...

gnarly feet and age, HHHHHhhhhhMMMMmmmm?????? I think they go together....LOL

Great Post Pam D. Makes me want to be there, crab hunting with the boys...

W.V. copyer: One who does what every body else is doing...

Rachel said...

love, love, LOVE that shot! you cn totally see the action and know that those boys are into a BOY thing! I am stumped for a picture this week and am so glad to see you have such a great one!

(and no, no one wants to see an ex-ballet dancer's toes that have been crammed into pointe shoes a few times ;)

Sue G said...

You might think this photo is about feet, but I would say after looking at it closely that it looks as if I got my wish...I Heart Butts.

And feet.

yay.

Drew said...

You have such a fun writing style, and, really, it technically was not a run-on sentence. It was just a really long one! :) I'm a language arts teacher, and I break the rules all the time on my blog. Hopefully my students will never read it.

Your photo is definitely about feet! Looking at all the submissions so far (including yours) makes me want to start all over on my search for feet pictures. :) Not that my daughter's feet aren't cute...I just love the creativity I'm seeing.

Kate - k8tography said...

I love your story behind this shot - I can just see them all scuttling over to see!

LOL at Sue G too - I heart Butts!

Great shot...

k8

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Sue G was cracking me up. Love this feet shot. I can't decide which way to go this week. I have one I love, but the quality is not that great... Hum, I'm like you, I want to stage it all over, but it will never come out the same as the first time. Think I am going to sleep on it.

Denise said...

Cool picture my friend.

maria said...

Love the story this one tells! So fun, so summer! The processing is cool too, Rockwell-ish.

heidiannie said...

Love the picture and your story- you write like Runyard Kipling-"falling face-first into the filthy, fish-bone filled wash below"- reminds me of his sescription of the the "great grey-green greasy Limpopo River" in The Elephant's Child.
Thanks for sharing!

heidiannie said...

Rudyard Kipling- Now if only I could type!

Anonymous said...

OMGosh I think that is priceless! Such a BOY thing! And you even snuck those BUTTS in too! AHAHAHAHA!!!

Pam said...

These are times you wished you had a rubber band!

Richard Lawry said...

Definitely the most unusual entry I have seen so far. i love it.

An Arkies Musings

April said...

Oh, Pam...I LOVE IT! Boys will definitely be boys and this photo says it all! I, also, love how you describe your photos so eloquently! You are AWESOME!♥

Taylor said...

Love the shot and the story behind it makes it that much better!!

The Foster Home said...

This is a great shot, kinda makes you want to push them all in =)

Julie Rivera said...

You had no reason at to even try a staged picture when this gem was lurking in your files. LVOE IT! And the subdued, desaturated feel to the image adds a vintage feel to a current image. Really great fun!

wife.mom.nurse said...

This is funny! I heart butts :)

It is a really cute picture!

Brooke said...

I love this photo! You could never stage anything as fun as this. Great job.

Tricia said...

Love this! Must have been quite the view!

Carebear said...

LOVE this shot! It is just so cute and natural and really captures the essence of boys. Great job. BTW, I sent your package a long time ago, and it came back to me because the chocolate in it melted and leaked. I was in BIG trouble with the post office. I still haven't gotten around to replacing it and resending, but I haven't forgotten about you. Hope you're having a great summer. I'm really enjoying my blogcation!

Shanda said...

Awesome moment captured!! I had to laugh at Sue's comment too! :)

Blessings to you sweet friend!

tiff said...

LOL. I heart butts
and feet :)

The Animator's Wife said...

HAHA, love it.

Rebecca said...

oh my goodness pam! i love it!... love the shot, love the color, love the editing. so great!

Unknown said...

Loving all the feet!

Melinda said...

What a fun and totally testosterone filled photo! I LOVE it!!

Unknown said...

I like this shot! :-) so creative and fun.

Not sure if I've told you this - but you rock! :-)

oh and I promise you will get your book and dvd, It's just going to have to be after camp - right now, my brain is a little fried! :-)

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

This is so fun!

Well, if there is ever an I Heart Butt site, this photo would work also!! ha.

Amy
Co-Founder
I Heart Faces

Unknown said...

I think you should get a prize for combining butts and feet because WOW there are a lot of both things in your picture. You are a super star!

Unknown said...

Great photo, very creative!