Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Heart Faces--Week 17--Hats



Well, I've been trying to decide on my hat picture for this week's contest. I've agonized, and I've edited, and I've even thought about buying out a darn hat store just to get enough props to take a decent picture. I even thought that I might just forget entering anything since I never could possibly win anyway.. and then I find out that I was Fan of the Week. You know, I can believe that, because I really DO love I Heart Faces.. a LOT! Thanks so much, Amy and Angie; I don't know if you fully realize how much your site has done to encourage all of us to go out and take better pictures; to learn how to edit; and to connect with a global network of pros and amateurs that we would have never met without your website. You guys rock!
After THAT enormous boost in confidence, I then found a file of pictures that I'd forgotten, taken last year during a rare snowfall here in Georgia. And once again, the girls next door came through with the hat trick! The youngest wasn't quite two when this picture was taken, and she was, well, not real happy with cold and wet. Can you tell? I had fun with post-processing in Picnik, and I really like the way it turned out. Do you think she's ready to go back inside yet?



One thing I DO know is that I'm ready to head over to I Heart Faces and check out all of the great photos I know are linked there. I have a feeling that this week is going to be over the top, so for some fun, funny, and fabulous photos, go visit Amy, Angie, and the gang (after, of course, you visit MY guestbook!).

45 kind comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

She is just too precious. Congrats on fan of the week, you deserve it...

Denise said...

She is so cute.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I am so happy that your being Fan of the Week was so special for you! Amy and I both enjoy the enthusiasm you have shown towards our site and the comment love you always give to so many others. You are a blessing to all of us!

Your entry is super-cute...the expression on her face is priceless! :)

~Angie
co-founder of iHeartFaces

Rachel said...

YEE-HAW! I was so excited to see your picture and name as FOTW! That is so cool!

Love this kiddo's expression - yeah, I think she's ready for some hot chocolate :)

Congratulations again!

(and GOOD LORD, what has gotten into your word verification? UNISJOCK? yeowch)

Corey~living and loving said...

congrats on fan of the week. :)

love this shot. I love baby cheeks.
have a happy week.

Mireille said...

What a cutie pie, and yes indeed you can see she doesn't like the cold.... brr.. I almost can feel it!!

Major.Sunshine said...

awww... what a pouty look! You mentioned I was stealing hats didn't you!! Don't worry, I don't steal from the kiddos :)

ellieshine said...

really cute expression - love her little lips :) great photo!

Melissa said...

that really is a cute picture! :o)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

You did a wonderful job with this photo! So glad you found something. And dito what Angie said. You are a blessing!!

Amy
Co-Founder
I Heart Faces

Rebecca said...

Awwww... look at that CUTE little face! What a cute shot!
~Becca

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Gorgeous. Love her pensive look.

Erica said...

what a sweet little girl and an adorable picture!

Amy - AKA - TigerMommie said...

Oh, such a cute shot...........

Jessi said...

Totally darling shot! Congrats on fan of the week!

tiarastantrums said...

oh this is a great one !! I couldn't pick one either!!

Donna said...

Oh so adorable!

:)

Donna
Our blog: Double Happiness!

Carmen said...

I love this picture, she looks so sweet..... congrats on being fan of the week.

Tina Smith Photography said...

Congrats on the "fan of the week" award and your pictures are great too! :o)

Upstatemamma said...

Oh she is so cute!! But she has done the cold and wet now - somebody take her inside and get her a cup of hot chocolate. :)

Unknown said...

LOOK-AT-THAT-FACE! I think I am in love! What a beautiful baby!

Taylor said...

Love the expression, so sweet. Congrats n FOTW!

Violet said...

congrats on fan of the week! your pics are are great, kids are SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Great Shot -- Beautiful Eyes.
TFS

Pam said...

Congrats on being the fan of the week! Beautiful hat photos!

Anonymous said...

Because YOU, Pam, are a FANTASTIC person! You are the Lifter of Spirits! The Consummate Cheerleader! And the Kind-Hearted Blogger we love!

You DESERVE fan of the week because you are....

FANTASTIC!

I always enjoy reading your blog, even when I can't always comment.

Foursons said...

I love the expression. What a great photo w/great colors!

Crystal Rae said...

Cute.... she doesn't look to happy though. LOL

Tess said...

Oh, what a face! Poor wee thing! Congrats on the Fan of the Week!

Through My Own Lens said...

Just love this photo...I'm so glad you entered it! I love the colors and the crop! Great job! And, a big congrats on Fan of the Week...you deserve it!

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

What an adorable picture! She doesn't look too happy to be outside anymore. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

That's a great capture you got there. :)

Karin said...

Gorgeous picture!! Congrats on being FOTW!!!

Jessica Paige said...

Great Photo! Adorable

Unknown said...

REally cute face! Oh my gosh I just want to squeeze those little cheeks! Super cute picture

Dana said...

Such a cute pic!! Love that lil face!!

In Earnest said...

What a precious face! and the cropping is great.

Alicia W. said...

Great entry! She is so beautiful.

Dot O said...

I love your hat shots!! Terrific! The little one is beautiful!

I couldn't look at the I Heart Faces site this AM because Mr. Linky was down for a nap. Hope to check out faces tonight, though!

Erica Kree said...

Ilooove this! Great image! She is a cutie pie!

AJ said...

Cutie pie!

Mandi said...

Congrats on fan of the week. I love the processing of this photo! She is darling.

Mrs. McFadden said...

congrats on fan of the week! she is precious!

Sonja said...

Oh my goodness. I want to reach into my computer screen and kiss those adorable cheeks! (please don't be freaked out by that...I have four kids of my own :)

Terrific shot.

Carebear said...

Adorable - love that serious face!!! And congrats on FOTW. You are such a great supporter of my blog - I'm thrilled that you've won - so well deserved!