Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Things that made me smile this week

This beautiful cross, sent to me by April at Straight From the Heart. April does a monthly drawing from her followers list, and I WON! I have to guess that she actually hand-picks the gifts that she sends, because this couldn't be more perfect for me! Thanks, April; I love your blog, because it really DOES come straight from your sweet heart!



Being chosen as the "I Heart Faces" blogspot Fan of the Week! What a huge surprise and blessing! Amy and Angie put a ton of time and work into this wonderful blog so that anyone with a love for photography can challenge themselves to come up with a great entry for the weekly theme. If you enjoy photography, you'll want to hang out here!


Watching as Bug Hunter and Handsome Hubby worked out a unique "sky message", utilizing a large beetle, a piece of thread, and a tiny piece of paper that said "Help!" The beetle flew off trailing it's sad little message; I wonder if anyone will ever see it?


Enjoying the spring music program put on by the Lower School at Bug Hunter's school. The kids were awesome, especially the 4th-5th graders, who lip-synched to a history of music in America. They totally rocked The Blues Brothers, George Strait, Chuck Berry, and especially Toby Mac! And in everything they did, they gave all the glory to God.


Finally being able to really enjoy the screen porch, now that the pollen is no longer so thick that it covered everything with yellow! I could pretty much be happy living out here; the sound of the creek, the song of the birds, the wind in the trees; it's my little piece of heaven.





This whole week is Teacher Appreciation Week at Bug Hunter's school. I love his teacher and have really enjoyed working with the other parents to bless her in several ways this week. Teachers rock!

Wow.. it's only Wednesday, and look at all of my blessings! Oh.. one more thing that makes me smile, this week and every week? YOU.. each of you who come visit me here by the creek. I love my blog buddies! Now how about you? What things have made YOU smile this week?


13 kind comments:

tiarastantrums said...

wow - that back porch is amazing

and congrats!!

Shanda said...

Your screened in porch is calling my name! How gorgeous!! I think I'd practically live out there!

Denise said...

I love your porch dear.

April said...

Glad you enjoyed your cross, Pam. When I saw it, I thought immediately of you and your incredible faith! I think I'm going to move right on in to your screened porch. I could sit out there all day and night and never move a single muscle! Love it BIG TIME!

The Foster Home said...

I am so coming over to hang out in that back porch!!!

You already know my thoughts on that beetle though =)

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Just catching up. Sounds like you are having a great week. Loved those yummy strawberries, and I wish I could join you on that porch. We are already approaching the 90's here and it is suppose to be like that all weekend. Not fun for me.

By the way, you make me smile....

Have a blessed day,

Elaine

Tonya said...

that's your PORCH???????? AWWW MAN... how GORGEOUS is THAT???? You can SERIOUSLY HEAR the creek running beside your house???? Can I sleep over?? O=-)

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a wonderful porch!!!! I would sit out there all day.....lovely pictures well, except that bug.."ugh"!
Have a blessed weekend!
sandy toe

Tina Smith Photography said...

Wow I wish I had a back porch like that down by my creek can you loan me your carpenter for a few weeks? and congrats again on the "fan of the week" award and thank you for your beautiful comments on my picture! GOD BLESS!

Unknown said...

Wow! You have had a wonderful week, haven't you? I love April! And I really, really love I heart faces : ).

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

So glad we made you smile:-) What an awesome porch!! I'd be out there all the time!

I'm loving your comment on my blog today. Let me know if you make the chocolate pie. It's super easy and soooo good.

Tonya said...

Oh, Sister, you KNOW your snakes! I'm pretty sure the name you gave was indeed the name of the snake I posted on. (Zach could tell you for sure)

Hey, we actually got a spiritual lesson on our snake discussion this morning. He was reading (again) about snakes and one that he read to me about had some evolutionary teaching with it. It said that the snake had "learned" to sway back and for like the grass. I told Zach that the snake didn't "LEARN" anything.. GOD MADE him that way! Then I got to explain how God made different animals with what they need to survive.

Honestly, we have some friends that know A LOT about outside creatures. (The dad is a farm consultant) They'd caught a little brown snake (or was it a worm snake?).. anyway.. they ASSURED me that it wasn't poisonous so I did hold it. YIKES! My skin STILL crawls just thinking about it! However, if Zach could indeed find a snake that isn't venomous and won't grow much longer than my fingers I MIGHT consider letting him keep it. HA!!!!

Seriously though, I may just take you up on that coffee break one of these days.. =-)

Pam said...

I could totally live on that porch too!!! WOW!!! love it! congrats on the award from I heart faces!!! another WOW!!! you really are the queen!!! :)