Sunday, May 10, 2009

I Heart Faces--Week 18--Laughter

(Oops.. I posted the link wrong in Mr. Linky.. I'll link up again and have the other link deleted. So, if you already stopped by and now see me further down the list, it's NOT an optical illusion.. it's just me, being blonde!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------



It's time for another I Heart Faces funathon! And this week, at least for me, two worlds collide as Ree Drummond, of Pioneer Woman fame, is the judge for the I Heart Faces "Laughter" contest. Those two websites are at the top of my must-read blog list, and to have them mesh is just a little bit surreal for me. But I can't think of a better theme for Ree to judge; who knows more about laughter than a woman who homeschools 4 kids while living on a ranch in the middle of wide-open Oklahoma? Sweet mother of pearl (as Sponge Bob would say.. ), I could suck up FOREVER... but I won't. Other than to say that I chose my kid entry on purpose, because I absolutely love all of the pictures of Charlie loving on and being loved on by the punks. And really, how can you NOT laugh when a dog's tongue is so far into your ear that she's cleaning your brain?





For my adult entry, I had to post this one. My blog is, more than anything else, a record of our lives that I want to leave for the Bug Hunter. And this picture makes me smile BIG; I know it will make him smile someday, too. We have an awesome Cub Scout den leader, who always comes to meetings ready to have fun, even when she's still in her nurse's scrubs. I suppose that's why we're still in Scouting! The picture won't win any photo contests, but for us? It's priceless.




Now that you've seen my entries, I beseech you to travel to I Heart Faces and check out all of the others. With a theme of laughter, I KNOW that this week's entries will make you laugh out loud! I am in awe of the folks who link up; I will NEVER be as good as most of them. But every week, I learn just a little bit more.. and THAT's why I HEART I Heart Faces!

28 kind comments:

Denise said...

I love these pictures. Hope you enjoyed your mothers day sweetie.

The Foster Home said...

Great pictures!! Working on my post, but will probably post tomorrow.

Unknown said...

you're so on top of things having your entries in already! :-) i love them both!

Anonymous said...

Love both pictures! TFS

Rebecca said...

great pictures!
i love your kids entry! adorable!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the kids entry... & it is good that you are blogging about all of the things important to bug hunter.,.. : )

April said...

You always nail the theme right on the head from week to week! You have definitely done it, again, this time! Both pictures are excellent, Pam! Looking at them makes me grin from ear to ear!

Unknown said...

I love the laughter in your son! He is so full of joy! And aren't Grandmas the BEST!

Drew said...

You crafty gal, you...appealing to PW with dogs. Wish I would have thought of that. :)

Both of these are so sweet and candid.

Nell@SheSnaps.com said...

They are both great, but I really like the one with the dog. Kids and animals are such sweetness.

Nell
SheSnaps.com

Mireille said...

Great entries, well done!

Alicia W. said...

Love your entries this week! Too cute

My Two Seasons said...

Great photos! Love the happiness radiating from them!

tiarastantrums said...

aww - puppies and laughter go hand and hand

Foursons said...

You gotta love the Scouts! The volunteers are awesome!

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Lovely entries.

Donna said...

I love your first photo but, honestly, I would have picked either color or b&w because I didn't know there was even a dog in the photo. Now that I see it, it's sooooo cute!!!

One thing for certain though -- this photos is full of life!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Jennifer said...

What a sweet smile BH has...I know it just makes your heart happy!!

Carmen said...

both pictures are great!

Ter said...

great photos, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Great shot! Love it that dog licking the kiddo!

Unknown said...

Your child entry is great! It definately brought a smile to my face.

Carebear said...

What genuine, fun moments you captured - those smiles are contagious! Love them!

Julie Rivera said...

I contemplated a dog kiss picture, too...you are absolutely right,t here is no way to have a dog lick you without laughing. Even if you don't like it! And pictures are first and foremost about memories, so treasure the one of the Scout Leader!

Rachel said...

I dore the laughter that I can SEE in that first picture... a boy and his dog are good stuff!

And what a great lady for joining the scouts and having a blast!

Melinda said...

I love the playfulness you have captured in both of these photos. Beautiful job!

DawnS said...

Fun photos!

Shannon said...

The first one with the doggy is so sweet.